Monday, June 11, 2007

MLTF - Finished Chapter Five

I love the way Chapter Six starts:

You know it's going to be a bad day when you can't get privacy inside your own head.

This is why I love first-person novels. You just can't get this sort of connectedness with a character when its written in third person. Besides, its impossible to head-hop when writing in first person.

Anyway, that first sentence is going to make it REALLY hard for me to put this book down and go to bed. Not that I'm complaining.

Chapter Five was meaty with information. I finally know how old Raine is. I hate it when authors refuse to give an exact age for their character. Raine discovers several nasty things about the amulet, which by now she is quite stuck with. And the hottie elf Guardian tried to cast a spell on her.

Oh, and did I mention that she kicked him in the nether regions when they first encountered each other? There's nothing like first impressions!

2 comments:

Linnea Sinclair said...

Tia wrote: Oh, and did I mention that she kicked him in the nether regions when they first encountered each other? There's nothing like first impressions!

A male fan/reader of mine picked up MAGIC on my recommendation and yunno, for some reason he also said he found that particular scene memorable... ::snicker::

You're a FLORIDIAN, Tia? ::Linnea waves from Naples, down-state:: Yoo-hoo! Can you see me now? ;-)
~Linnea
www.linneasinclair.com

Tia Nevitt said...

Oooh! I've been there! When I was a kid, we went to Naples for two summers in a row and stayed at the same tiny hotel about a block from the beach. It was on some sort of main street. Things I remember about Naples? It was HOT! Also, the beaches were dangerous to walk upon barefoot, because the beach sand was actually millions of seashells. And we LOVED it -- even when the AC in our room went out.