Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sunday Evening Ramble

I thought I'd have a debut to announce, but it didn't turn out to be a debut at all, so I guess I get the night off! Not really . . .

Got some new gizmos up on the sidebar. I added the "Other Debut Coverage" a few weeks ago and I've sent a steady stream of Google Reader links to it ever since. I love it. It is very cool. I suppose I should make it look more like the rest of the blog, but I kind of like the way it stands out as it is. I'll try to leave a comment on your blog when I add one of your posts, but I won't promise anything. It's so easy! I just click the mouse and bam! It's on my sidebar!

At the urging of Carole, I added a link to my profile, which points to my other blogs, which in turn includes (gasp!) a writing blog. I also blog on technology under my alter-ego "Technigirl" and to my knowledge, my only reader is my husband, who nags me whenever I neglect to put up a post.

And most exciting, I now have a form that you can use to notify me of a debut! (Yes I know, I need to get a life if I consider that exciting.) But really, this will help with my announcement research. I've actually had authors send me emails asking me "Will you review my book?" and neglect to give me the title, publisher, release date -- anything!

I am also going to work on a list of all debuts that I've announced so far, and I'll update it as I go along. It will be cool to see the list at the end of the year.

I suppose, while I'm here, I may as well catch up on some author goings-on. This time, I'm going to go way back in time . . .

Yay! Phaedra Weldon has a website! Back when I first blogged on her debut, Wraith, she had no web presence that I could find. Now she has a website (including an excerpt), a LiveJournal and a MySpace. Apparently, her next novel is called Spectre, and she's expecting the copy-edited manuscript in the mail any day now.

David Bilsborough (The Wanderer's Tale) still does not appear to have a web presence, so I guess we'll skip him. Maybe someone "in the know" can let me know what's going on with him.

Alexis Glynn Latner has a blog that I never noticed before. It is entirely possible that it was there all along. Another one for my feed reader . . .

That's it for today. I'll try to check up on some more of my early debut authors over the next few weeks. But for now, I just have one more about a more recent author . . .

Carole McDonnell had her very first book signing, and has posted a review. It appears to have been some sort of joint book signing and it sounds like it was a lot of fun.

4 comments:

Robert said...

So I guess you were able to finally figure out the Jotform thing ;) It looks good and I hope it works out for you...

Tia Nevitt said...

(Robert was the one who told me about the form tool that I used for the Notify Me of Debut link.)

It must have been a bug because it SUDDENLY started working, without me doing anything different! Thanks!

Kimberly Swan said...

Wonderful news on Phaedra Weldon. Like you, I had looked all over when I first read Wraith and couldn't find anything.

Great blog! :)

Tia Nevitt said...

I may ask her to do a guest post. My post on her has generated some interest both here and at other blogs.