Friday, December 12, 2008

Kelly and Colleen Blow Away My Blog Stats!

Normally, I don't expect much of a boost when I have author guests here. Maybe five or ten visits. Big-name authors don't know about this place, and they therefore don't send me their big-time blog traffic. The occasional editorial blog will cause a spike. But mostly, I have to scrabble for every bit of web traffic I get, using the methods I outlined here.

But looky here at what I saw when I opened my Google Analytics this morning.

Sweet! I went ahead and clicked the link, and behold!

A spike! Awesome! Who did I have to thank for this?

Kelly Gay and her agent, Colleen Lindsay! And they're not done sending clicks this way. Thanks, guys!

For you newcomers, welcome! I usually do an "upcoming" type link over the weekend, but I'll go ahead and do it now in an attempt to lure you back.

I have a few Debut Showcases to catch up on because my blogging schedule has been a bit unusual this week. Mulluane has been very busy gathering links. I also have in my greedy possession an advance copy of BETRAYING SEASON, the second book by soon-to-be Debut Graduate Marissa Doyle. I loved her first novel, Bewitching Season, and I'm already on chapter 4 of Betraying. I'll have to squelch my review for a while, however, because the book doesn't come out for a few months. Not much point in reviewing something that you can't rush out and buy for months. So I really just wrote this to taunt you, because it will not be upcoming in the next week.

What will be upcoming? Well, Colleen and Kelly's web traffic has inspired a Wednesday Commentary post, and I'll try to get that done and up by Wednesday. No guest posts this week--we're all to busy preparing for the holidays, I think. I also am planning on a fun post with book p*rn--something I don't usually do because honestly, I don't get much. (Book p*rn, to those who are gasping in shock, is nothing more than free books sent by various authors and publishers.) My book p*rn of course, will be different, because of the mere fact that I like to be different.

(I'll be curious about the surge in web traffic tomorrow because this blog now, for the first time ever, includes the word "p*rn." In fact, I think I'll obscure the word, because I'd rather not have that traffic after all.)

And you never know when I'll throw up something random, so check back often!


Marty Connor said...

I loved your blog. Being a new fantasy author myself I find it hard to believe how any books ever get sold. I love that you acknowledge new authors on your blog to help give us a chance in this hard industry. I will check back often to see what other famous authors has passed through your blog.


Tia Nevitt said...

Thanks, Marty!

Kelly Gay said...

I love the Wed. commentary idea! :D

And very cool on that stats. I second what Marty said. Giving new authors a platform in which to reach new readers is so, so helpful. And I'm looking forward to the day when I can pay it forward. ;-)

Thea said...

Woah, you have an early copy of Betraying Season? Ooh, I'm jealous. Glad to hear that it is going well so far! I can't wait to read it :)

Tia Nevitt said...

Thea--I won it in a blog contest! Blog contests are now my favorite way of getting advance copies.

You should check out Marissa and Regina's blog. They do a great job.

Oh, and so far, so good!

Kimber An said...

You got BETRAYING SEASON? Oh, man, I think I'm going to need that one too. I'll do BEWITCHING SEASON first though.

Tia Nevitt said...

I thought you already read that one, Kimber? Maybe it was someone else.

They are both light fun and very charming.