Friday, December 12, 2008

Kelly and Colleen Blow Away My Blog Stats!

Normally, I don't expect much of a boost when I have author guests here. Maybe five or ten visits. Big-name authors don't know about this place, and they therefore don't send me their big-time blog traffic. The occasional editorial blog will cause a spike. But mostly, I have to scrabble for every bit of web traffic I get, using the methods I outlined here.

But looky here at what I saw when I opened my Google Analytics this morning.


Sweet! I went ahead and clicked the link, and behold!


A spike! Awesome! Who did I have to thank for this?


Kelly Gay and her agent, Colleen Lindsay! And they're not done sending clicks this way. Thanks, guys!

For you newcomers, welcome! I usually do an "upcoming" type link over the weekend, but I'll go ahead and do it now in an attempt to lure you back.

I have a few Debut Showcases to catch up on because my blogging schedule has been a bit unusual this week. Mulluane has been very busy gathering links. I also have in my greedy possession an advance copy of BETRAYING SEASON, the second book by soon-to-be Debut Graduate Marissa Doyle. I loved her first novel, Bewitching Season, and I'm already on chapter 4 of Betraying. I'll have to squelch my review for a while, however, because the book doesn't come out for a few months. Not much point in reviewing something that you can't rush out and buy for months. So I really just wrote this to taunt you, because it will not be upcoming in the next week.

What will be upcoming? Well, Colleen and Kelly's web traffic has inspired a Wednesday Commentary post, and I'll try to get that done and up by Wednesday. No guest posts this week--we're all to busy preparing for the holidays, I think. I also am planning on a fun post with book p*rn--something I don't usually do because honestly, I don't get much. (Book p*rn, to those who are gasping in shock, is nothing more than free books sent by various authors and publishers.) My book p*rn of course, will be different, because of the mere fact that I like to be different.

(I'll be curious about the surge in web traffic tomorrow because this blog now, for the first time ever, includes the word "p*rn." In fact, I think I'll obscure the word, because I'd rather not have that traffic after all.)

And you never know when I'll throw up something random, so check back often!

7 comments:

Marty Connor said...

I loved your blog. Being a new fantasy author myself I find it hard to believe how any books ever get sold. I love that you acknowledge new authors on your blog to help give us a chance in this hard industry. I will check back often to see what other famous authors has passed through your blog.

Thankyou
MartyC
http://awakearewepart1.blogspot.com/

Tia Nevitt said...

Thanks, Marty!

K. said...

I love the Wed. commentary idea! :D

And very cool on that stats. I second what Marty said. Giving new authors a platform in which to reach new readers is so, so helpful. And I'm looking forward to the day when I can pay it forward. ;-)

Thea said...

Woah, you have an early copy of Betraying Season? Ooh, I'm jealous. Glad to hear that it is going well so far! I can't wait to read it :)

Tia Nevitt said...

Thea--I won it in a blog contest! Blog contests are now my favorite way of getting advance copies.

You should check out Marissa and Regina's blog. They do a great job.

Oh, and so far, so good!

Kimber Li said...

You got BETRAYING SEASON? Oh, man, I think I'm going to need that one too. I'll do BEWITCHING SEASON first though.

Tia Nevitt said...

I thought you already read that one, Kimber? Maybe it was someone else.

They are both light fun and very charming.