Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Before and After, plus some other stuff

Before:

 
After:

 
Much better!

The Sword-Edged Blonde by Alex Bledsoe is out in paperback via Tor in June and this is the new cover. I like it much better. I especially like the ichor dripping off the bad guy's blade. Nice touch. It's icky, but it makes me almost positive that I know which scene this is. And yes, Eddie had better turn around and deal with that guy, and pronto!

Welcome, Verla Kay Readers!

Yesterday, I got an influx of readers from the Verla Kay's Website for Children's Writers and Illustrators, all following a link to Laura Benedict's post from a couple of months back. If you find your way to this post, thanks for visiting and welcome! Take a look around and pay us another visit, sometime!

The Case of the Missing Post
I was going to do a post on literary agents and authors, but the muse seems to have abandoned me. All I want to do is hang out and read. Which, since I run a review blog, is probably a good thing. Now if only I can read another Eddie LaCrosse novel. Sigh! Must wait until next summer. I'll have to content myself with the contents of my bookshelf in the meantime, which is not lacking in unread books, not at all.

4 comments:

Joe said...

While I like the original cover, it was an initial turn off.

The new cover makes it look like a Malazan novel...which isn't bad, but does a disservice to what sort of novel it is.

Tia Nevitt said...

The old cover grew on you, eh? The new cover does align with Tor's style, which shouldn't be surprising, I suppose.

Todd Newton said...

Yeah, second cover is much more modern. Makes me think of the Icewind Dale trilogy/Forgotten Realms (the standalones, not the anthology). Kind of a weird round font, though. I think the font from the original with the art from the new would have worked better for me.

Tia Nevitt said...

The whole thing works better for me. Of course, the story itself worked even better.