Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Week Ahead

Today was CRAZY! (However, one of the funnest aspects of the day was a meeting with Sandra McDonald -- more on that in another post.) I'm going to force myself to slow down next week for a week or so; I think I've been taking too much on.

Also, I'm SERIOUSLY OVERDUE for a walk in the woods. I drive my husband crazy, because every few months I need a walk in the woods. Even when we lived in Arizona we'd take occasional drives up from Phoenix to either the saddle on Four Peaks, Bushnell Tanks or the top of the Mogollon Rim. My favorite place in the world was Tonto Natural Bridge. Around North Florida, I can go just about anywhere, but I'm hankering to go back to the Devil's Milhopper in Gainesville. Sounds cool, huh? It is. North Florida has lots of hidden treasures.

Over the next week I'll have a few shout-outs to do, a progress report on Across the Face of the World and a few miscellaneous posts. Since it's going to take a while to finish Across the Face of the World (even though I'm still enjoying it), I'll probably start featuring another book in the meantime.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You used to live in Phoenix? Weird! Me, too! I moved away when I was five, so I don't remember much about living there. But I went on vacation there when I was fourteen. It was a great place to visit, but I don't think I'd want to live there again.

Tia Nevitt said...

I lived in Phoenix for 15 years in the 80s and the 90s. I loved it, but like you, I would visit but I would not move back. I like where I live now too much.

I do miss the desert and the mountains, though.

Maria said...

Take pix of the walk!!! Want to see!!!

Anonymous said...

I will when we go . . . not sure when that will be. We'll see what the weather's like this weekend.