Tuesday, January 15, 2008

New Announcement Format

In order to be able to continue doing the debut announcements, I had to make some changes. They were taking about an hour to put together, and I kept getting further and further behind. This new format will also permit me to announce debuts on the day of their release, because I no longer will be searching for and vetting possible links. I've discovered many good blogs while trolling for reviews to link to, but I will hopefully will continue to do so through other methods. Plus, I'm constantly putting links in the Other Debut Coverage box. It changes every day.

What I will continue doing

  • Link to various Amazon releases (this may change to B&N -- they seem to have a better shipping policy)
  • Link to author websites and blogs
  • Include official blurb
  • Comment with my initial reaction
  • Provide ongoing links in Other Debut Coverage box
What I stopped doing
  • Search for and link to reviews/interviews/articles
What I started doing:
  • Include image of book
  • Include publisher info and links
  • Include book format
  • Include excerpt link
  • Announce on day of release (or close to it, in the case of multiple releases on the same day)
What do you think?

4 comments:

Kimberly Swan said...

Sounds terrific Tia! :)

Tia Nevitt said...

Thank you!!

Carole McDonnell said...

I like your committment to this..and definitely appreciate the need to balance time...etc. searching for reviews is tough... and time-consuming.

Tia Nevitt said...

Thank you, Carole. If I cut back on everything else, I will at least try to keep up with these for as long as I run this blog.