Thursday, January 17, 2008

Author Catch-Up

Here are some author activities that I have taken note of recently.

Melissa Marr reports that Wicked, Lovely is in it's ninth printing!

Nathalie Mallet reports that the sequel to The Princes of the Golden Cage, The King's Daughters, is now available for pre-order.

According to Locus, Christopher Barzak's One For Sorrow has won the Crawford Fantasy Award. This award is for "the best first book by a new fantasy author."

Laura Benedict announces that Isabella Moon's cover is a finalist for the Left Coast Crime's ARTY Award. Also, a hardcover version of her novel comes out on February 7th to numerous countries overseas.

Several authors who I have announced (Lisa Shearin, Jennifer Estep, Janet Lorimer and Lisa Nevin) have given away premiums, such as bookmarks or postcards. I recently placed all of mine on my bulletin board. Now I can add Rosemary Jones to my collection. She is giving away signed bookplates. Here's the scoop straight from her:

Tia and other readers: if you are worried about the little white dog in the Crypt of the Moaning Diamond, I now have a specially designed bookplate for this novel. Just e-mail me at rosemarynovels@aol.com and I'll send it out. This sticker fastens nicely to inside front cover and has an original illustration done by an artist friend that is very appropriate to the book. Each bookplate is signed.

I decided on a bookplate, rather than a postcard or bookmark, because my favorite author collectible is my Dinotopia bookplate. Designed and signed by James Gurney, this bookplate announces to the world that I have a "visitor permit" to roam Dinotopia, although return passage is not guaranteed. It always makes me smile when I open this book. Although my bookplate is not quite as fancy, I hope it gives my readers the same type of smile.
I know I have some other author stuff to catch up on, but I thought I'd go ahead and put up this post, and catch up with the rest in another post this weekend.

No comments: