Please note! I only cover debuts for books published by publishers that distribute books to bookstore shelves nationwide, which puts the books on shelves, like this:
All books I hear about go on my Debut Calendar, which is available through my sidebar. I also try to do a Debut Showcase for every entry in my Debut Calendar.
For reviews, I'm more selective. I'm open to most genres, with the exception of the following:
- Vampire stories. I'm not interested in protagonists that have to devour humans or human blood. Psionic vampires might interest me, however.
- Stories with demon or undead protagonists. It's okay if they're the bad guys.
- Angels as sexual partners.
- Deal-with-the-devil stories. However, I wouldn't mind reading such a book when the main protagonist is trying to save someone who has made a deal with the devil.
- Blood and gore horror. Horror should have a supernatural element and should scare the hell out of me, not gross me out.
- Stories with sex involving more than one partner.
- Excessively gritty stories. Of course "excessively" is subjective.
- Christian bashing, either overt or subtle. I don't like to see my beliefs trashed.
If you don't mind filling out a form, you can use this one to tell me about your debut. It has everything I like to know about new debut novels, which helps me when I do a Debut Showcase. You can also email me at tia dot nevitt at gmail dot com.