Tuesday, August 7, 2007

THE HIDDEN WORLDS - Leaves in a Hurricane

Leaves in a hurricane is my attempt to describe how the two protagonists, Linnea and Iain, are getting on by the middle of THE HIDDEN WORLDS.
In other words, they are caught up in circumstances so overwhelming that you wonder how on earth they are ever going to prevail. Secrets, betrayals and lies beset them at every turn. Safe places turn into traps where they are watched by their enemies. Friends are few and seemingly powerless. This is the point where the book truly hooked me (or perhaps a little before this point); where the book did not get put down unless the real world intervened. I got some great rest for my broken toe (which is doing much better thank you), thanks to this book.
Landon kept piling on the problems. And just when you thought that things might be taking a turn for the better, someone would betray them. And all the while, the Cold Minds -- which are much more terrifying than I originally envisioned -- have discovered one of the Hidden Worlds where humanity has taken refuge.
Iain is becoming more human, and Linnea sticks firmly to her original goal. However, more betrayals await them, especially a huge one that should have been obvious, but it walloped me on the side of the head, anyway. At this point, my quibbles with the plot died away, and all I could do was turn the pages.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm interested. I'm going to add it to my wish list.

Tia Nevitt said...

Cool! I'm interested in what you'll have to say.