Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Thwarted!

My efforts to purchase books this weekend were thwarted! I went to two separate bookstores looking for Amanda Ashby's YOU HAD ME AT HALO and Richard Taylor's THE HAUNTING OF CAMBRIA and could not nab either one. I even tried to purchase HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS at Wal-Mart on Sunday, but they were sold out. Already. And it was a HUGE crate of books. (As it happens, I'm glad I didn't purchase it because a friend wants to give me her copy when she's finished.)

Anyway, I may have to break down and buy these two titles online. As you probably figured out, I don't like buying books online. I do buy a lot of nonfiction online, but I like to browse through the fiction as I purchase and see what else looks interesting. I suppose I could always click the "other people purchased title X as well" link, it's just not the same. I don't usually want to purchase similar-sounding books at the same time. After all, how polar opposite can you can than the above titles? What market analyst would have expected me to go purchasing an afterlife romance and a horror novel all in the same shopping trip?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Me. Maybe that's why I'm not a market analyst. Good luck hunting for your books.