I'm putting together a weeklong event* here at Fantasy Debut in honor of my favorite fantasy subgenre--Epic Fantasy. I'd love to have your input. As part of Epic Fantasy Week, I'd like to invite some epic fantasy authors to do interviews. I was thinking about two authors, a debut author and a well-established author. The below lists are based on novelists whose work I have followed (and still follow) over the years. Who would you be interested in? (This is assuming they agree to be interviewed, or that I can reach them.)
- Tad Williams
- J. V. Jones
- Tracy Hickman
- Elizabeth Moon
- David Anthony Durham (Acacia)
- Patrick Rothfuss (The Name of the Wind)
- Ken Scholes (Lamentation)
- Peter Brett (The Warded Man)
Here are some possible epic fantasy subjects for me to write about to fill the rest of the week. Please pick two or three. The list is by no means limited to what's here, so if you think of something else, let me know!
- I Still Love Elves (actually, I've already started this one)
- Dwarves, Ogres and Orcs
- Why All-Powerful Characters Lose Me
- Epic Journeys
- Historic Epics and Alternate History
- Magic Systems
- Gods and Religions
- "Science Fantasy"
Anything else you'd like me to cover as I celebrate my favorite subgenre?
*With apologizes to Heather of The Galaxy Express.