Monday, April 13, 2009

Internet Speculative Fiction Database

While researching an author for an incredibly long book swag post that I hope to finish up by tomorrow evening, I ran across the The Internet Speculative Fiction Database. I checked out their statistics, and they have 54775 authors listed and 26829"verified" publications. Searches for recent and upcoming titles were fairly impressive, but the information listed is pretty basic. Looks like they could use some volunteer editors.

Did you know about this? Do I need to surf the web more?

7 comments:

David H. said...

I've known of it for a few years now.

It's not perfect, though, and it's messed me up a couple times (not indicating series order correctly, etc.).

But it's definitely useful!

Mihai A. said...

It is an useful source of information. But I prefer Fantastic Fiction (http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/).

ediFanoB said...

It contains useful information.
But like Dark Wolf I prefer Fantastic Fiction

Tia Nevitt said...

I use Fantastic Fiction all the time. It is my number one source for cover art, and for ensuring it's the author's debut novel.

Mihai A. said...

The only thing about Fantastic Fiction is that at some authors the list of their short fiction is not complete. But beside that is a great source for list of works (and cover art too :D).

Kat said...

I agree -- ISFD (which is linked on a lot of Wikipedia pages) has steered me wrong many times. Fantastic Fiction is very helpful (though ugly), but it is a UK site, so not always accurate US information.

Pissenlit said...

I've known about the Internet Speculative Fiction Database for years but like many people who've commented, I prefer Fantastic Fiction.