Sunday, May 31, 2009

Random Things

I added my "Other Debut Coverage" box back to the blog and got rid of all the old shared items. I shared some new stuff that came up recently, so be sure to check it out. This was always a good way for me to showcase what other bloggers are doing, and now that the pace of debuts has slowed back down, I think I'll be able to keep up. I found a good way of "cheating" to make things easier on myself!

I'll probably mention it every once in a while to remind you feed readers of its existence.

The Twitter Count chicklet refused to play nicely with other HTML, and I didn't want it taking up space in a box by itself, so until I can solve that problem, it's gone. You can subscribe to my twitter feed just under the box of my latest tweets. And I must say, I've been better about tweeting lately.

Clockwork Heart has been very, VERY good. No first-novel pet peeves so far, AT ALL. And there's not one, but TWO interesting male characters with whom the main character could form a romance. I like that. I don't like to be able to peg the guy who will get the girl from the first page. I guess that's why this blog isn't called Romance Debut.

I'm also going to write my review of one of my Discovery Showcase novels. I expect to post something in the next few days.

I think my latest Discovery Showcase, where I put my impression at the end of the post, worked out very well. I'm going to do that from now on. But I'm afraid I'm going to have to strip all formatting on all excerpts from now on. It's gotten to be too much of a struggle.

Today, Kat from Fantasy Literature and I are going to have a book exchange!!

I really need to arrange for some more author guest posts around here . . . and I need to get going on Epic Fantasy Week.

7 comments:

Kat Hooper said...

Hi Tia,
I'm collecting some books to bring over to you, including that Tad Williams book I mentioned last time we met. See you soon!
Kat

Tia Nevitt said...

Same here! I have a big stack on the coffee table for you!

Clover Autrey said...

Interesting blog you have here. I love fantasy. Never heard of Clockwork Heart and am looking forward to see what you think.

Tia Nevitt said...

It's from Juno Books. They recently became an imprint of Pocket Books.

ediFanoB said...

I read Clockwork Heart by Dru Pagliassotti.
My one record summary:
Two men struggle for one woman in a steampunk world including sleuth.

I liked it and I'm far beyond a lover of romance.

Tia Nevitt said...

It's a real treat to read so far.

Raven said...

I'm glad you're enjoying Clockwork Heart. It was a keeper for me. :)