Sunday, August 2, 2009

Home Improvements and Aching Feet

Fortunately, my twisted ankle of last Monday healed up really quick. Ice and ibuprofen! It's just the thing. I needed it this weekend because we put up 1 bulletin board, 2 white boards, 1 set of window blinds and 1 ceiling fan. If you think this describes an office more than a home, well, you're half right.

I see that I have new subscribers via either Google Reader, Google FriendConnect or Feedburner. Welcome!

I have been a very bad reader lately because we've been so busy. I've very slowly been reading Dreamdark: Blackbringer and The Lace Reader, but I'm a bit more taken by Dreamdark. The author is Laini Taylor, and this book was published in 2007. The publisher sent to to me along with the next book in the series. It is about faery creatures way back in the days of what sounds like either the Roman Empire or the Holy Roman Empire (e.g. the Catholic church). Since it's written from a faery's point of view, the exact year is so far ambiguous. But the way the author superimposed the faery world over a historic timeframe intrigues me.

The winner of last week's giveaway of THE STARS BLUE YONDER was Megan of Eatontown, NJ. Congrats, Megan, and happy reading! I don't have any contests coming up, but Maria is giving away a cozy mystery right now at Bear Mountain Books.

We had a rousing discussion on our last Writer Wednesday, but I've been so busy this weekend with home improvements that I haven't gotten anyone on board as our Featured Writer! Any volunteers? The only requirements are to 1) be a writer and 2) be willing to co-host the discussion with me. You can do an opening essay like Kristy did, or not. If you're interested, please email me at tia dot nevitt at gmail dot com.

3 comments:

Anne said...

I'm glad your ankle is feeling better. {Smile}

Sounds like things are going pretty well now. I'm glad. {Smile}

Anne Elizabeth Baldwin

Chicory said...

I think I might have read `Dreamdark: Blackbringer.' Thanks for mentioning it. I'd forgotten the name. I'll have to check out if it's the same book or not.
I'm glad your ankle is feeling better.

Tia Nevitt said...

It is a charming novel.