Monday, November 17, 2008

How I Spent My Weekend

This weekend, we did a family Disney trip. My husband took the above fab picture of Cinderella's Castle. I had not been to Disney since Christmas of 1985. I still miss the Skyway trams; they got rid of those when I was a teenager. Otherwise, it was like going back in time. Tomorrowland was so unchanged it was spooky, except for the names and contents of some of the rides. I didn't like what they did with the last stage of Carosel of Progress. Lame.

The day after was NOT like going back in time; my legs ached something awful. It was just muscle aches; I'm fine now, but maybe I ought to take advantage of these new muscles to take a lunchtime walk a few times a week. Then next time, I won't need a day to recover!

We stayed at the Contemporary Resort--an unusual splurge for us--and had a fabulous time. Yesterday, after I got home, I lazed around and read Grimspace all day. I didn't even unpack. I'll try to throw up a progress report tonight, but the novel is making me forget I'm going to write a review about it--always a good thing!

3 comments:

Carole McDonnell said...

Oh my gosh! Tomorrowland should've changed. The future is not what it has always been.

Glad you had fun! -C

Laura Benedict said...

Sounds like a blast! Poor Bengal has never been, but his sister has been twice with my folks. We need to go!

Tia Nevitt said...

Carole, from what I understand, they stopped updating it and went for a retro-future look, going for how the future looked from the 70s or 80s. It actually works.

Yes, Laura; you should go! And stay at a hotel at the park; it is worth the money.