Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Author Catch-Up

Del Rey asked me to mention something on my blog, so I thought it would be a good time for an Author Catch-Up post, because some exciting things have been going on.

Peter Brett (The Warded Man) and Robert Redick (Red Wolf Conspiracy) will both be participating in an author chat on Suvudu, starting at 2:00 PM EST. Plus, they're running a contest. Click through for details.

(Del Rey also agreed to sponsor a giveaway of truly generous proportions in celebration of my upcoming blog birthday. More on that later!)

Speaking of Peter Brett, his novel was recently optioned for film!

Plus, he's having a haiku contest! And you get to try to beat my entry!

Just saw an exciting announcement on Publishers Lunch:

Sarah Prineas'sTHE CROW KING'S DAUGHTER, featuring faerie lore without the urban setting and without drugs, sex, and angst, to Toni Markiet at Harper Children's, in a three-book deal, by Caitlin Blasdell at Liza Dawson Associates (NA)
All the "withouts" make this one a true hook for me. Sarah's debut, The Magic Thief, came out last year. This book is more geared toward YA, so I may jump all over this one.

And David Anthony Durham quit his day job! He's living the dream now. I am officially jealous.

No comments: