Friday, March 6, 2009

"Your Blog is Fabulous!"

Cool! Speed Reader has nominated Fantasy Debut with this cool award at her My Favorite Author blog. Thanks, Speedy!

I am supposed to list five things I am obsessed with and can't live without. For the purposes of this meme, I will confine my list to things I enjoy doing. Otherwise, this list could consist of people.

1) Writing. Both blogs and other things. I even enjoy writing for hire, but it's been a few years since I've freelanced.
2) Music. I'm a middling musician, but I have a passion for it. And I love it when my daughter dances to my music, and tells me to play it again!
3) Reading. Oops, how did this get to be third on the list?
4) Walking in the woods. I miss Arizona because of this. Yes, Arizona has some great woods. Florida? Not so great.
5) Going for long drives. Often can be done in conjunction with the above. Always with the family in tow. I just adore seeing new things. My daughter takes after me in this.

And now, for five blogs that I think are fabulous.

The Old Bat's Belfry and Dragons, Heroes and Wizards. How could I not list Mulluane first?
Young Adult Science Fiction
Fantasy Cafe
Dark Wolf's Fantasy Reviews
Grasping for the Wind

8 comments:

SparklingBlue said...

I didn't know you were a music lover! Do you sing more or play instruments more? What instruments do you play?

Tia Nevitt said...

I play violin and piano. Right now, I'm working on Dvorak's Humoresk, transposed from G flat major to G major. I love it.

I'm a bit out of practice with my violin, but I recently restrung it and rehaired the bow. I really need to get a stand for it so it's always handy, like the piano. I'd love to learn the Humoresk on the violin as well; that tune is just made for the vibrato.

I just sing for my daughter, but she enjoys it. :)

ediFanoB said...

To be able to play an instrument is a wonderful gift.

I can't play an instrument.

Kristen said...

Thanks for the nomination, Tia! :)

Anonymous said...

Your blog is fabulous. I nominated you for a reward on mine. : )

Tia Nevitt said...

Thanks, Writermom!

Mihai A. said...

Thank you very much, Tia! You are the most kind :)

Aubrey said...

Congrats! We really enjoy your blog over at MFA! Fun stuff! I too like long drives. They give me time to just think, and listen to lots of music.

www.myfavoriteauthor.blogspot.com