Monday, September 17, 2007

WINTERBIRTH by Brian Ruckley

Last week, WINTERBIRTH (UK, Canada) by Brian Ruckley made its debut. This is another British debut that I could have announced on the day of the debut with no shortage of linkage. Alas, events conspired against me. However, my Blog Brethren more than made up for my lapse with a flurry of posts that would make any author proud and excited.

The blurb:

It is a world of ice. It is a world of blood. It is a godless world.

An uneasy truce exists between the Thanes of the True Bloods.

Now, as another winter approaches, the armies of the Black Road march south, from their exile beyond the Vale of Stones. For some, war will bring a swift and violent death. Others will not hear the clash of swords or see the corpses strewn over the fields. They instead will see an opportunity to advance their own ambitions. But all, soon, will fall under the shadow that is descending.

For, while the storm of battle rages, one man is following a path that will awaken a terrible power in him – and his legacy will be written in blood.

The author's website has a blog, which he appears to update regularly, and a prologue. He also something that I have not seen much, a Gazetteer.

As I said before, my fellow bloggers have done a great job covering WINTERBIRTH, including the Fantasy and SciFi Lovin' Book Review, Fantasy Book Critic (who is having an awesome giveaway that includes WINTERBIRTH), Ken's famous Questions Five over at NethSpace along with a review, interviews by Graeme, Aidan and the Book Swede and a review by Pat, which includes a link to his own interview.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Yep, I think everyone has read this one but me. :) Oh well, I'll add it to the list.

Neth said...

aww shucks - I'm not sure I'd say famous...but I appreciate the gesture.