Sunday, July 26, 2009

Of Unanswered Emails and Twisted Ankles

Yes, I twisted my ankle this afternoon, just sauntering casually across the kitchen. One minute I was fine, the next minute I was grabbing the counter. What the heck? This ankle is getting downright undependable--the same thing happened on the stairs about two weeks ago. I might have to get an X-ray or something.

And yes, I've been terrible about answering emails for the past week or so. I have a bunch of Gmail stars next to a bunch of emails, and because I promised to do some beta reading this weekend, it will be a few days before I get back to you. Sorry!

Tomorrow morning, I have another Debut Graduate for you and then I PROMISE I'll be getting back to debuts. I've been sampling books in my stack, including The Lace Reader, Dreamdark: Blackbringer, The Birthing House, and more. I'm looking for something a bit different, and I think all three qualifies.

I meant to have a Discovery Showcase on Saturday, but the author I had intended to showcase never answered my email asking for "official" permission. So I'm assuming I don't have permission, and I'm off to the next person in the list.

I was thinking of the next subject for Writer Wednesday, and I think "Openings" is something we all can identify with, because they're just so hard. So let's plan on that topic. I'll announce my next Featured Writer as soon as I know I can make it official.

Check back in tomorrow morning for my review of Nathalie Mallet's The King's Daughters!

5 comments:

Anne said...

Oh dear! I hope your ankle gets much, much better. I thought I have weak ankles, but they don't strain that easily! {concerned look, sympathetic smile}

Anne Elizabeth Baldwin

Tia Nevitt said...

Thank you. I think it's a result of an earlier injury. My ankle rolled rather badly last year. The strange thing is that once it healed, it hasn't bothered me all year until now.

ediFanoB said...

Hope your ankle gets well soon.

Artemis Grey said...

Got to watch those ankles! I tore ligaments in my right one years ago and despite doctors promising that it would be perfect again, it isn't. It's fine most of the time, but I tend to roll my feet along the outside edge and my right ankle will turn suddenly. Off I go into the bushes! My friends don't even ask if I'm okay anymore, they just throw a hand down to drag me upright again.
Good luck with your ankle!

Anne said...

My heels roll outwards on both feet. I eventually discovered it's because I have a ridge on the inside edge of each of them. {half-smile}

Fortunately, I discovered shoes that help me correct them. I found Birkenstocks first. Their inner soles are cupped, and they adjust to my foot-shape over time (give a new pair at least 6 months to fully adjust). I love their sandals, but my feet don't fit into their clogs. So I have orthotic-ready shoes and special heel cups for closed shoes.

None of them are cheap, but they save me from a lot of limping and skinned knees. {lop-sided smile}

Anne Elizabeth Baldwin