Monday, January 5, 2009

Upcoming Stuff, and an Introduction

I tried to post this from work during lunch, but I can't seem to post from work anymore.

Upcoming

I've been reading like the blazes in recent weeks. I finished four books since the middle of December, including a non-fantasy non-debut. I'll still post a review because the folks at Mystery Book Spot seem to like my mystery reviews (thanks for all the links, guys!). I also finished Mirrored Heavens, The Name of the Wind and Betraying Season. You can expect all those reviews except Betraying Season, which doesn't come out for months, so I'll save that for later.

I'm getting back in gear after my little break. I've lined up a One Year Later post and I'm waiting for an author to get back to me for another. Mulluane combed Robert's January Spotlight for debuts, and I combed Publishers Weekly. The debut calendar for 2009 is filling up. Last year, a surge of debuts caught me off guard in February, so I'm hoping to be on the ball enough that I won't be taken by surprise again.

Something Mysterious

I've been contemplating proposing something to the book blogger community, as I hinted on Twitter and FaceBook. This isn't anything I'm going to rush into, so I'll sleep on it before I decide for sure. I Googled it, and so far, nothing like it appears to exist. I already ran it past the husband, since it will affect the whole family, and he is good with it. If I decide to propose it, I'll do so before the end of the week. If I decide not to do it, I probably won't bring it up again.

A Re-Introduction

Last but not least, Raven has agreed to do reviews again for Fantasy Debut. Last year, she reviewed titles such as Truancy, A Rush of Wings and God's Demon. She's going to be handing most of the urban and dark fantasy here at Fantasy Debut.

Welcome back, Raven!

6 comments:

Neil Richard said...

Can't wait to see what you think about Name of the Wind. That was one of my favorites from the past few years. And aren't the Bookspot guys great?

Hmm, a mystery.....now I'm curious.

Tia Nevitt said...

I filled up several of my purse-sized notebook pages with things I wanted to say about TNOTW. One of these nights, I'll transcribe it to digital.

SciFiGuy said...

RE: Something Mysterious - now you have our attention

Anonymous said...

Tia, thanks for the re-introduction and the welcome back!

Tia Nevitt said...

Buah-ha-ha!

You're welcome, Raven!

ediFanoB said...

Look forward to your review of THE NAME OF THE WIND. I read it last year....