Saturday, January 17, 2009

Author Awesomeness

A while back, in my Blogging Advice for New Authors, I suggested that authors blog on their negative reviews. Well, David J. Williams has done just that when he blogged on my review from last week. While I wouldn't call my review negative--it ended with a recommendation and I wouldn't have done that if I thought the book truly awful--I concede that it probably came across as harsh. David's blogging about it, of course, makes him look uber-cool.

Thank you, Amanda Ashby, for spending so much time here on Thursday! Because of you, I discovered some fellow Halo lovers in my blogging audience! And thanks to your publicist for sending me Zombie Queen of Newbury High!

4 comments:

Kimber Li said...

Awesome authors are always a delight!
;)

Tia Nevitt said...

That's part of the reason we do what we do. The other part is awesome readers!

Lenore Appelhans said...

Thanks for the link - he was very gracious.

Nancy Beck said...

I just recently posted a negative review (Grade D) on A Secret Atlas .

I thought it would be good, and I've read about 270 pages of it - but, in the end, I decided, meh, boring.

Either I've been really good at picking books that I really like, or I was fooled by the neat cover (and the idea of geography playing a big deal in a fantasy sounded waaay cool to me).

Oh well.