Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Debut Coverage Elsewhere

I constantly accumulate links to other debut coverage in the sidebar to the left, but every couple of weeks I like to call attention to debut news and reviews on blogs elsewhere. Here's the latest round-up.

Thunderer by Felix Gilman releases today, but Robert is way ahead of me, as usual, with his review. He's already mentioning it as a possible favorite for 2008!

SMD has reviewed another small press novel over at The Fantasy and SciFi Lovin' Book Review. This one is The Longevity Thesis by Jennifer Rahn and he gives it mostly high marks.

Mark Rose over at Bookgasm is somewhat mixed in his review of Interred with Their Bones by Jennifer Lee Carrell.

Over at Grasping for the Wind, John seems to have enjoyed Rosemary Jones's Crypt of the Moaning Diamond. Rosemary also offered me this novel, but at the time, I was booked. I'll probably go ahead and pick it up on my next bookstore trip; John makes it sound fun.

Lawrence over at the Gravel Pit is not wild about Brian Francis Slattery's Spaceman Blues: A Love Song. He calls it the weirdest book he read in 2007.

The prolific Robert has mixed feelings about Across the Face of the World by Russell Kirkpatrick. This is up next on my reading list so I'm feeling a bit of trepidation.

To end on a more positive note, Pat at the Fantasy Hotlist was quite happy with The Devil You Know by Mike Carey. He makes it sound like it might be more my cup of tea than I thought it would be.

I'm expecting two guest reviews in upcoming weeks, plus two interviews (one which I still have to actually write). I should be done with Auralia's Colors in the next day or so. Once I finish it, I'll post my favorites of 2007 list.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the linkage! Appreciate it, keep up the good work on Fantasy Debut. :)

Anonymous said...

Tia and other readers: if you are worried about the little white dog in the Crypt of the Moaning Diamond, I now have a specially designed bookplate for this novel. Just e-mail me (my e-mail is on my website) and I'll send it out.