Saturday, December 1, 2007

And Now, a Song!

Since so many of my readers are journeyman writers, my blog suffered a dip in traffic during NaNoWriMo, a dip that began to reverse itself in the middle of the month. In honor of all my NaNoWriMo readers, both successful and not, I have composed this little song.

The Blogger's NaNoWriMo Lament
By Tia Nevitt
(Sung to the tune of "Oh Where, Oh Where Did My Little Dog Go")

Oh where, oh where have my blog readers gone?
Oh where, oh where can they be?
With their visits so short but their comment threads long,
Oh where, oh where can they be?

To NaNoWriMo all my readers have gone,
That annual novelist spree!
With their time so short and their word counts so long
They no longer have time for poor me!

Welcome back!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Not all your bloggers have gone away,
Some are here to stay.
We're eating our chocolates, by the tv
and playing with stray kitties.

Tia Nevitt said...

Oh, wow! I've inspired a counter-song!

Carole McDonnell said...

::giggle:: -C

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I know! It was a quiet month at my place, too. Too bad; I had really good content.

Tia Nevitt said...

I'm glad I wasn't the only one affected! You can always save your good content for a "best of" post, which I see bloggers do from time to time.

L. A. Green said...

Cute poem, Tia.

Alas, I wasn't NaNoing. Worse than that. I was doing final revisions. LOL

Thanks for your post on Toasted Scimitar. :)

Anonymous said...

Aww! I feel so special. And ashamed. Curse you, NaNo! I am being thoroughly punished for my lack of visiting, though, because my NaNo novel turned out to need way more than 50k, and now I'm busting my butt to get it done before Christmas.