Monday, July 28, 2008

Debut Showcase: Seaborn by Chris Howard

SEABORN (Amazon USA, UK, Canada)
by Chris Howard (website, blog)
Juno Books
Mass Market Paperback
Excerpt - read it! hear it! (additional formats available at Juno site)

Blurb:

All Life began in the ocean.
The tides, the salt, the rolling waves are in our souls.
The sea will always have the power to call us home.

There is a world deep under the sea, a kingdom that has endured thousands of years without the modern world knowing it exists. Those who dwell there are ThalassogenĂȘis: SEABORN

Kassandra is the Seaborn king's granddaughter--the one he wishes he'd killed when he'd had the chance. She comes from the sea, but she has spent her whole life in exile on the surface, learning to control strange and frightening powers she barely understands. But now she's ready to declare war on the murderous king.

Corina Lairsey is a scuba-diving Californian who has freed herself from a controlling relationship...andfinds herself in another. Only this time, Aleximor, an ancient Seaborn sorcerer, is literally inside her head and wearing her body. Corina must strive for control of her self, fighting against time as Aleximor trades pieces of her life away in exchange for power over the path between the worlds of the living and the dead.

Aleximor wants revenge for his 400-year imprisonment and his dangerous machinations threaten to destroy both young women and the world of the Seaborn.

This novel is getting a lot of attention. Juno books has been gathering some momentum lately with both this novel and with Personal Demons. And that's only considering their most recent debuts. Juno also got this book into the hands of reviewers early, so I have a copy and I'm looking forward to reading it.

Here is the book trailer:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm Jules and I work at bestrank.com, a company interested in blog advertizing. I found your blog engaging and I'm contacting you to ask if you are interested in blog post sponsorship.

If you are interested, kindly mail back for confirmation(jules@bestrank.com).Please include your blog's URL.
Looking forward to doing business with you.

Sincerely,

Jules Viernes
BestRank.com

Anonymous said...

This book sounds intriguing. I often like books where two people are sharing the same body and struggling against each other mentally. I'll be interested to hear what you think of this one.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear what you think of Seaborn, Tia!

Chris

Carole McDonnell said...

I just finished reading Seaborn. The second fiction book I've read all year. I'm on a roll. I really liked it. Very poetic, very polished, very literary and accessible at the same time. I fell in love with Aleximor. Reviewed it on a couple of sites. I wished it had a glossary, though. The worldbuilding was amazing but the names kinda threw me. -C